25th June 2020
In association with VisitEngland we have acquired the Industry Standard Mark - meaning that our business has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. We have been delighted with the positive feedback regarding the measures we have taken and our new one way route around the store. visit Lancashire #staysafe
14th June 2020
JAK Hanson is BACK OPEN. A full risk assessment has been completed to ensure we provide a relaxed and safe shopping experience. We were picked up by the BBC to discuss the changes we are making in store. See the coverage at the bottom of this page.
Monday - Saturday 9:15am - 4:30pm
Sunday's - 10:30am - 4.30pm
|In brief some of these measures include:|
- Perspex screens at the tills.
- No more than 2 people together will be permitted entry.
- A one-way route around the store. All areas of the store will be open.
- A limit on the number of customers within the store and within each department of the store - controlled by staff members.
- A waiting queuing system inside the store so you don't have to wait outside, in any wind or rain, before you can look around the rest of the store!
- A Greeter at the entrance to welcome you and explain our new arrangements. Our main entrance will still be our entrance to JAK Hanson. This is where our Greeter will meet you. (This is currently only used as an Exit for the Food Hall)
- Arrows to show the flow around the store and markers on the floor to show the 2m distance you should maintain.
- Much wider isles in the gift department - no more bumping into things!
- A new queuing system to pay at the tills with more space.
- Everyone will be provided with a basket or trolley on entry which will be sanitised between each customer. During this time staff will be unable to put items behind the till for you.
- Please note that fitting rooms will not be accessible until further notice.
- We encourage all customers to pay by card if possible. Contactless payments have also been increased to £45.
- Bags will not be available during this time at the till point. Please bring your own bags.
- Toilets will also not be available unless in an emergency situation. A designated customer toilet will be used in this case
- A 18 page full risk assessment has been carried out and supplied to all of our suppliers. We have been praised by the level of detail that it goes into and has given re-assurance and confidence to our suppliers, who often visit the store. We are confident that the measures taken from this risk assessment will also give you confidence to shop with us.
- Our returns and exchange policy is changing in the short term to support our return to work. From 15th to 30th June we will not be accepting any refunds or exchanges. Any purchases during this period will receive extended terms until the end of July. Purchases from the 1st July onwards will have our normal 30 days terms applied. As a goodwill gesture any purchases made from 1st March to 24th March can be exchanged only during the period of 1st July until the end of July. In all cases a valid receipt must be produced. We are unable to accept any returns without a receipt. Please note that due to the new one-way system you will need to walk around the store first and join the till queue once you have reached the end.
- Please note Wish collections will also recommence on 15th June
We look forward to seeing you all very soon
23rd March 2020
Due to the COVID-19 virus we are now CLOSED temporarily until it is safe for our staff and customers to return. It has become increasingly hard to stay open and the right and moral thing to do for the safety of everyone is to now close the door.
Take care of one another and thank you for your continued support.
Please note that we are now unable to fulfil any online or collect in store orders either.
See you soon.
All the team at JAK Hanson